Soft tissue massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. Sports massage is not just relevant to athletes, but to anybody wishing to guard against, or recover from, a soft tissue injury.
The techniques used by the MJB Clinic's sports massage therapists aim to:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation.